On March 8, 1888 - eight brothers and sisters along with Rev. Anderson met and organized a Baptist Church.
These brothers and sisters included the following:
· Bro. Gene Singletary
· Bro. Sam DeWalt
· Sis. Allice Adair
· Sis. Ann DeWalt
· Sis. Had DeWalt
· Sis. Mary Hicks
· Sis. Senday Singletary
These 8 people and Rev. Anderson name the church: Anderson Chapel Baptist Church.
Anderson Chapel has had a total of 18 Pastors, including our current Pastor in its 131 year history:
Anderson Chapel has ordained approximately 30 Deacons. Some of them include the following:
And a number of these brethren have been called to preach the Gospel.
Anderson Chapel also had several Church Secretaries, some including:
Over the years, Anderson Chapel also had many great Musicians:
Anderson Chapel has had the misfortune of 2 places of worship to burn down to the ground. Once across the branch, east of this location, and also in our current location.
In conclusion, Anderson Chapel has stood the test of the ages and has come out victorious. Our prayers is that this church may always stand for what is Right, Pure and Holy through Faith in God.